The manufacturer of sanitary ware products can choose from the assortment of SGK high-strength gypsum binders for sanitary ceramics brand GVVS 16 and GVVS 13, which are applied for traditional casting technology.
Introduction of gypsum in production of sanitary ware allowed to pass from molding of a product to slicker molding and to begin production of products of a difficult form with the exact sizes. The technology is based on the ability of hardened gypsum to absorb water.
Main advantages of GVVS-13/16:
- A traditional product for the sanitary ware industry, the application technology is well-developed and optimized.
- Excellent high strength characteristics when casting molds at working density.
- Fine grinding, content of metallic contaminants and insoluble particles in the product is several times lower than permitted by the current GOST.
Molding gypsum plaster is the second most commonly used material that combines optimal strength and high porosity due to a and β modifications of gypsum-based binders in its composition.
Molding gypsum plasters are used for double casting on mechanized benches and potentially continuous casting using Spagless technology. A feature of the Spagless technology is that the plaster molds with cavities are dried with compressed air at low pressure.
Molding gypsum plasters
Main advantages of molding gypsum plasters:
- Stable technical characteristics;
- Adapted porosity that enhances the capillary effect due to fine pores with an optimal porosity/strength ratio;
- The gypsum plaster is easily soluble, evenly hardening in the mold, finely-powdered, which ensures high surface smoothness of finished products;
- Adapted for potentially continuous casting technology (Spagless), which allows to increase the output of finished products by increasing the number of mold cycles per shift (3-4 castings);
- Fine grinding;
- Controlled volume expansion, not more than 0.25%;
- Purity, absence of metallic contaminants;
Advantages of using molding gypsum plasters:
- 30% reduction in skull fixation time;
- Significant increase in the life cycle of gypsum molds (by 20-25%) due to preservation of quality of their working surface;
- Significant increase in the life cycle (by 20-30%) of trays for casting plaster molds.